March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Into the Greens ~

 Even if warm, the day wasn't quite as humid as my last visit.  Just a light breeze, enough to feel comfortable.  I'm getting a bit more comfortable riding Breezy.  The seat is working better, an improvement over the original.  I'm still making adjustments.  

On the trail~
The Walnuts are finally opening their leaves!  The shade on the trail continues to increase due to them!  Our front yard now has a shady green canopy too.  I love sitting at my desk & looking out.  It feels as thought I'm right under the tree.
The Walnut~
We're now into our fifth spring in Iowa!  Watching as the trees grow - gives me some measure of time - as the years go by.  I was enjoying the trail today.  Thankful the riders from last Fri., who were heading back north on Monday, were now gone!  I appreciate the quiet of "my" trail!  :-)
On the Trestle~
I stopped on the Trestle as usual, but just for a short stop to admire the river as it flows along.  Arriving at Agriland, I'd made the trip in just under an hour.  My best time so far this season.  Butch had a coke waiting, I sat & watched as he worked on a truck.

On the way back, I took the new concrete walk-way around the lake at the Malvern Park.  Once man was fishing, a mother had her youngster out on his little bike.
Perfect afternoon~
Back on the trail, Breezy was cruising.  I stopped a few times for photos of the late afternoon sunshine on the wildflowers.  I do miss Speedy's bright color though!
Breezy~
Below is a Google Earth close-up of our stop at Agriland.  The big shop now dominates the dark spot on the photo.  The photo was taken before the shop was built.  Google doesn't update Iowa aerial views as often as it did WA...  You can also see our trip around the lake.  Such a nice park with a few camping spots too.
Google Earth Image~
I was back in Silver City in no time, making the trip in two-hours. Just a mile an hour slower than Speedy & my fastest time. Breezy is making up some of the difference. I know my leg isn't working nearly like it used to. Breezy & I crested 100-miles on this ride, we're getting more used to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~