March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Racing Rain ~

 Another cooler day, lighter winds, slight chance of rain.  Butch would be at Agriland, so it was my day to try another ride with the Verve.  Our new rear racks arrived just as I was leaving.  Parking by Happy Trails, Mari Jo came over to see what I was up to.  It took us both, to figure out how to get the rack installed.  (Butch had put the original seat post with the shock back on & changed out the seat I'd purchased, back to the original.  He added my rear-view mirror too.)  I was late leaving -  Butch usually expects me between 3 & 3:30.

2:29 p.m. A different "Between the Bar's" look!

The clouds were looking a little more ominous as I headed south.  My leg was really stiff & sore, I just kept pedaling.  Even though it hurts, I really believe the work gives more circulation to my leg & will help the nerves to heal.

Flowers & my bike~
The new rack worked, I like having my pack with me on the trail.  It holds what I deem essential.  Especially, if I should be out there longer than I expect.  A head-lamp, first-aid supplies, electrolytes, water, etc.  Some of the items I'd carried in my saddle bag forever, are still with me :-)
Rain catching up to us!
When I felt the first raindrop, I was glad I'd brought my jacket!  It went on, just about 2-miles from my destination.  I picked up my pace, once I reached the concrete.  Butch was waiting at the shop door - he was wondering if I'd make it before the rain came!  I was about 20-min. later than usual.
Visit to Agriland
Butch looked at my installation work on the rack.  I hadn't needed the spacers or longer screws, he fixed that!  A couple of the men came over to check out my new ride.  The rain had stopped & though I hadn't really wanted to do the ride back to Silver City, I did! 
Plums in full bloom along the stream~

So far, this month has had some incredibly beautiful days.  I was glad I'd decided to ride back, I began to feel more comfortable on the bike.  I want to do a few more tweaks, but overall - the last four-miles in to Silver City went faster & more smoothly than any I've done in a while.  

My overall speed went up again to 7.6, the fastest pace since returning to the trail in March.  I've still a couple miles an hour to gain - to match my best time.  (That, before the accident & while riding Speedy last year.)  With just over 25-miles on this bike, it's feeling more comfortable.  I'm getting a decent stroke on the pedals & using more of the gears.  I'm hopeful now - this bike is going to be an improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~