March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, May 21, 2021

Breezy' s Upgrades~

 Hot, into the 80's.  Humid, .17 of rain last night.  The trail was sticky & soft in places.  Even so, it was the only day this week thunderstorms weren't in the forecast.  I loaded Breezy & we went to Silver City.  As I pulled in, I couldn't help but notice a small group of riders...  

Bikes in town~
The bike stand my Mari Jo's shop was full, with bikes coming down the trail.  Obviously an organized ride.  As I walked in the door, a large group of customers were leaving.  Even more came in as I left.  Mari Jo had the bike tool Butch had been looking for, we sat it aside for when I returned.
Mari Jo & a customer~
I took advantage of a break in the trail traffic - in the hope of opening some ride space.  The wind gusts, as I left town, were fierce!  A large thunderhead rolled over & the wind calmed.
The lush greens are here!  The humidity, 68% - impossible to photograph.  
When I saw riders coming up from behind, most of the time, I pulled off to the side.  It was easier than maintaining a straight line of travel with so many bikes on the trail.
New Serfas Seat~
My latest new seat, came in Wednesday's mail.  I decided I could put it on myself.  I was thankful Butch's bike was sitting there, so I could see what needed to happen when a piece fell out!  :-)  The jury is still out.  It will take more miles - but I wasn't sore at the end of the ride.  I do like that it's shorter from front to back, making it easer to mount & dismount.
Handlebars lowered!
Another thing I noticed right away, my shoulders were hurting.  They had been hurting after my last few rides.  A light went off!  I realized we'd lowered my seat, but I hadn't lowered the handlebars!  I couldn't wait to get to Agriland, so Butch could look at them.  He adjusted the lower.  The return trip I picked up the pace.  My shoulders felt so much better!  Funny, it took me 70-miles to recognize the problem.
Near the Malvern park~
Leaving Malvern, I turned back to get the photo above.  Written since I'd gone by the first time.  Taking the new walkway, I rode part of the way around the lake.
Plenty of food vendors!
Many of the riders had full saddle bags.  Tents were already being set up.  Everyone was enjoying such a beautiful day & pretty park.
Lots of tents too~
It was nice to have the trail to myself on the return north.  Only a few stragglers were heading south toward Malvern.  
Breezy, new pedals, new seat, lowered handlebars~
Even with the heat, humidity & wind, I felt strong on the way back.  I'd forgot to turn off the Garmin when I reached Silver City.  The extra few minutes, made a difference in my over all time on the 17-miles.  It seems I'm gaining ground & enjoying this bike more with every ride.

It's eight months tomorrow since my accident.  The leg still hurts, it still hurts to pedal, but I think I've gained a tiny bit of ROM in both my knee & ankle.  Forward progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~