March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Monday, May 3, 2021

Our New Rides!

 We decided to visit Omaha & the Bike Rack.  After the empty Trek store, we were amazed at the selection!  They were stocked with many different bikes, including a great selection of Trek.  Butch really like the Verve 2.   Both of us wondered how the Trek Dealers can compete, when independent dealers have stock they don't?  By yesterday afternoon, we were picking up Butch's new bike!  

Butch & his new Trek Verve~

  We stopped for an early dinner on our way home.  With enough time, before sunset, Butch put our bike rack on the Explorer & loaded both bikes.  We bought a new Saris Adapter Bar for my bike.  It fits tighter & opens easier.  It also doesn't have anything to scratch the frame.

On the Trail~

It was a beautiful evening.  The strong winds that buffeted us all day, had finally died down a little.  The Sweet William was now in full bloom along the trail.  The smell of the plum blooms filled the air.

Butch adjusting his seat~

This was our trial ride, lots of stopping to adjust - just about everything!  Butch took off ahead of me.  It had only taken one stroke of the pedal to put my knee in pain.  We'd removed the shock from my seat post to lower the seat even more, but now, it was too low.  Butch moved it up & now we think the shock can go back on.  

Silver Creek Trestle~

I was constantly trying to put my rear farther back than the seat.  Butch asked;  "Are you trying to ride on the rear fender?"  We were both doing the same thing!  We've been spoiled by the comfortable ride of the Electra's with flat-foot technology.  Butch moved our seats to the furthest back position & that helped.  Butch was loving the ride & easily outdistanced me!

Our Verve Bikes ~
It was the first time Butch had been to the Trestle.  It's always a beautiful spot, but was especially so, late in the day.  It's the mid-point between Silver City & Malvern, four-miles from each.  We turned back & this time the wind was coming at us.
Evening sun~
My legs were shot by the time we were back at the Explorer...  I've done so many miles on Speedy, the change will be more difficult.  I'm even wondering, if I'll be able to ride this bike, without more pain in the left knee & ankle.  I sure wouldn't have been riding as early as I was - if it weren't for Speedy.

Butch is sold, the jury is out for me.  More adjustments, more riding & we'll see how I feel.  This bike is faster, for sure.  More gears & such easy shifting will make the inclines so much easier.  If & it's a big IF, my leg can adapt.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~