March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Saturday, May 15, 2021

S M O O T H Ride!

Sunshine!  After clouds & a light rain yesterday.  Mid-70's & a perfect day!  Butch loaded our bikes & we drove up to Lake Manawa State Park.   This has become one of our favorite, close get-a-ways.  We were amazed at how quiet the park was, we were the only car in this parking area.

Ready to ride!
We are going to be just So spoiled by this weather.  I'd hoped for more rain yesterday & last night, but the weatherman says we'll have a wet week.  Butch helped me try to adjust my seat a little more.  (I have a different seat on order & hope it arrives next week.)  I could lower it an inch more, but my knee doesn't have enough ROM for that.  Instead we tipped the front down just a little.  I have to get into the habit having the breaks on & of putting my right foot down first.
Construction on the new campground moving right along~
The air is so clear after the rain, Omaha is next door anyway.  I like seeing a skyline that isn't crowded with tall buildings.  
Love the wildflowers!
We took the little loop trail & were rewarded by the purple flowers.  With all the trees almost leafed out, the dappled shade is  wonderful.  We even had a little humidity - the first of the season!
Butch lovin' Smokey~
Our timing was perfect - we made it across all the road intersections - only stopping at the busiest.  I dismounted to walk Breezy across.
Cloud shadows~
The bikes were just amazing!  I get so used to the Wabash, I forget how different it is to ride on a paved surface!  So very smooth!  I kept looking at my Garmin in disbelief.  I asked Butch at one point how fast he thought we were going?  We'd been easily doing 11.5 mph.  Almost 5-mph. faster than on the Electra's.  Of course my last time here in early March, had been my first time on a bike since the accident.
Across Indian Creek Bridge~
Neither of us even broke a sweat.  It was about 75 degrees & no wind.  The warmth felt good, as cool as our spring has been.  We were back at the Explorer almost too fast!  We were having so much fun, we could have done the loop a second time!
The Explorer Waits~
But, Butch needed to get home to mow & I still had more marigolds to plant.  We decided the Electra's will go up for sale.
Our route~
These bikes make riding a pleasure. We did the 7+ mile loop in under an hour. Not that we didn't enjoy our Electra's, but we've had them since March of 2013. They were fine for getting us back on two-wheels. Now, our new ones will give us many more miles of riding fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~