March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Around Lake Manawa ~

Another beautiful weekend.  Hazy gray yesterday, sunshine today.  Butch & I decided to check out the hard surface bike trail at Lake Manawa State park.  We drove part way around the lake before finding a sign that said;  "Bike Trail".  We parked in the adjacent parking.  From what I'd read, it was possible to ride around the lake & that was our plan.
Our 9.6 mile route~
When Butch pulled the bikes off the rack, he discovered he'd lost his Red Hook water bottle :-(  The last of it's kind, gone forever.  Being a good sport about it, we were soon on the trail!
Paved & flat~
We decided to go left/north.  What pleasant riding & few people on the trail.
Signage~
We stopped here, in the hope there would be a map of the trail system, but it was so faded as to be almost unreadable.
Butch on the trail~
The far end of the trail below is where the sign was pointing to the Wabash Trace.  A short-cut from one trail to the other.  If we'd gone that way - we'd have found Tastee Treat!  Butch had to remind me that was not today's goal...
Urban scenery~
 He also reminded me I'd said I wouldn't do ice cream again when riding...  Bummer - he's got such a good memory!  Urban for sure, but a beautiful day to be out. 
This sign didn't mention Lake Manawa~
The signage was spotty to say the least.  As you can tell from our route, we took a couple detours, thinking we were going the right direction.  We did find a shady spot for a short break & view of the lake.
Through the bars~
I didn't want to ride on any roads, but by trial & error, we found our way to the sidewalk/path going along Veteran's Memorial Hwy.  That put us back on trails & going the right direction.
Bridge at Indian Creek~
Butch took the above photo as I returned to him for my camera.  We were actually going the opposite direction & over the bridge.
The way back~
The last portion of the trail was just beautiful!  Some of the trees were blooming & the smell was so rich!  As we came out to the road, the Bronco was across the way waiting for us!  I'm worried now - I may have issues with Speedy going back to the Wabash...  I think she liked the smooth, easy going!  I know I did!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~