March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Night Lights~

It's a time-of-year I never forget.  I'm reminded every morning, when I open my eyes.  Two-years this week, since I lost 90% of the vision in my right eye.  Vision is such a gift - too often overlooked - pardon the pun.

I still slam my right shoulder into door jams on occasion.  I can walk right past something I'm looking for, turn around & find it on my way back :-)  But - I love walking our property at night.
Cabin from the porch~
I especially enjoy gray days too, as my gray blotches blend in nicely with gray days, or velvety blackness.  Making my brain almost think I can see.  I miss some things - they appear out-of-nowhere from my right.  Butch has become adept at pointing out what he knows I don't see.  I'm very thankful the eye still looks normal.
Flower Garden~
The three tiny lights in the back, are the property corners.  The solar lights work great.  In the winter months, the leaves are gone, so what daylight they get is optimized.

There are tasks that are now more difficult. Threading a needle is impossible!  I was so frustrated the first time I tried to sew on a button!  Decorating the tree at Christmas is challenging too.  My depth perception is somewhat limited.
Back Deck~
We've used lights on our decks for years.  They're on timers & with LED's, the energy usage is minimal.  It used to be difficult to take night photos, but the new smartphones do such a nice job now!
From the side street~
 Evenings are so quiet - I walked around the corner of the block - curious as to how much could be seen through the trees along the creek.  Not as much as I expected.  Soon, when the leaves open, the curtain will close.

I count my blessings every day - I still have vision & the eye is staying relatively stable, no injections so far!  I do get disoriented, but my vertigo is actually a little better!  I can stand to fly now - usually without drugs!  With so many health issues now in the the public's eye - you have to wonder - are they new - or is it just that modern testing has put a name to so many?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~