March ~

Endurance develops strength of character in us~ Romans 5:4 NLT
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps~ Proverbs 16.9

Friday, April 17, 2020

Winter in April!

Wednesday, when I was out riding Speedy, I honestly did not believe the weather report!  Snow?!  Inches of Snow?!  With the sun in my face & birds singing, I couldn't imagine white stuff on the way!

By yesterday morning though - it was obvious a big change was in the wind!  It was cold!  We'd been cold, but this was pretty brutal after all our warm summer like days!

Late afternoon - it hit.  This is the video I posted to Facebook~

I think it was prettier in still shots~
Bird feeder under snow~
I did get the bird feeder filled before the snow hit, but my fingers were frozen!  I didn't want our cardinals to go hungry!
The Cabin~
 It was absolutely stunningly beautiful!  Only our second real storm of winter!  But, yes, the calendar does say it's spring!  The flakes were huge, swirling through the air & landing soft as cotton.
Backyard~
The wheelbarrow was still sitting behind the swing, where I'd left it.  My daffodils were buried in the snow.  After night time lows in the mid-20's most of last week - the damage has been done.  The poor hosta's that had opened leaves, are now wilted.  The bleeding hearts are burned & have fallen over...  Buds on some of the flowering bushes were burned too...  It will be interesting to see how the plants recover from this.

This morning though - it was - if possible even more stunning!  The sunshine blazing on all the white snow & temperatures moving right up from the mid-30's.  Before leaving for bible study, I put on my boots & decided to take a short walk in the timber.

A blogger friend has done a few video's of her new lot acquisition, so I thought I'd do a winter video of ours!  We really didn't have this much snow all winter & I'm not complaining.

I have been wanting moisture though - to settle all the seeds I planted last weekend.  This snow should do the trick!  Soon, maybe...  I'll be able to do a spring video for real!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Welcome~